Sustaining and supporting trade in grains, oilseeds and other commodities has been a focus of many Promar projects. These include:
- Studied the impact on Japanese’s grain and meat sectors if Japan joined the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP)
- Tracking the developments in the world’s major grain producing countries for the last three years.
- Reporting weekly and monthly market intelligence regarding China’s oilseed imports, production, and markets.
- Conducting yearly studies of agrochemical usage in 24 coffee-producing countries.
- Analyzed the effects of the Japan-Thai Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) on Thai sugar and starch industries.
- Developed a market strategy for expanding Japanese tea exports to Russia.
- Completed in-depth studies of the coffee and cassava industries of Ethiopia,Tanzania, and Mozambique.