- East Asia
- South and South East Asia
- North America
- Latin America
- Russia and Central Asia
- Sub Saharan Africa
- The Middle East and North Africa
South Korea and Taiwan have rising standards of living and high levels of dependence on imports to meet their food needs. South Korea, in particular, has either completed or is in the midst of negotiating free trade agreements that are reducing tariff barriers for a wide range of products, making it an increasingly attractive export market.
Recent and/or ongoing projects include:
- Analyzing the South Korean markets for mackerel, herring, and salmon;
- Studying the impact of a China-Japan-South Korea Free Trade Agreement on agriculture;
- Determining the potential for Chilean kiwis in the Taiwanese market.