Promotion Support and Coordination
To support international export promotion, Promar:
- Assesses the export promotion policies and programs of major agriculture and food exporting nations.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of industry-wide product promotions, and determines how they can become more effective in building trade and consumer demand.
- Helps clients gain funding, study opportunities, determine what type of promotion are most effective, develop implementation strategy and coordinate execution of the promotion itself.
- Studied the food export promotion programs of the United States and Italy, compared them to promotion programs used by Japan and recommended changes on how Japanese programs could be improved.
- Assessed the effectiveness of and recommended improvements in market development programs in Japan, China, India, Thailand, Taiwan, South Korea. Product promotion programs we have evaluated include dairy products, meat, soybeans, corn, potatoes, fruits and vegetable, wine, pet food, and others.
- Developed strategy for and coordinated the Mexican Port Exporters Association’s promotion of pork products in Japan for the last 5 years,. This million dollar promotion program contributed to the Mexico doubling its exports to Japan from 30,000 to 60,000 MT in 4 years and pork becoming Mexico’s largest single export to Japan.