- East Asia
- South and South East Asia
- North America
- Latin America
- Russia and Central Asia
- Sub Saharan Africa
- The Middle East and North Africa
Sub-Saharan African countries provide a wide-range of opportunities in food and agriculture. There is potential for investment in both private and public sector infrastructure for agriculture development and the continent’s consumers are on their way to turning it into a large and important market in its own right.
Recent and/or ongoing projects include:
- Investigating the cassava industry in Mozambique and Tanzania to understand cassava’s role in food security and poverty alleviation and advise on areas of potential investment and cooperation;
- Analyzing the coffee export chain in Tanzania and Ethiopia with an emphasis on recommendations for increasing benefits to producers coffee;
- Analyzing South African citrus potential in the Japanese market and creating a business expansion strategy for South African citrus exports;
- Studying South African agriculture sector issues and policy in preparation for a potential Japan-South Africa FTA.