To help its clients to understand import and export regulations and restrictions, Promar:
- Investigates ingredient limits or restrictions
- Studies tariff and tax regulations to determine their impact
- Checks product labeling guidelines and how to meet the requirements
- Studies certification systems (organic, fair trade, etc)
- Recommends what clients can do to deal with regulators and restrictive rulings
- Determines whether restrictions can be changed and how
- Regularly (annually for 5 years) researched and monitored the use of agrochemicals on coffee beans in 24 countries and the risk that their overuse implies for Japanese bean importers.
- Studied the restrictions importing countries have on tea imports and what Japanese tea exporters can do to meet the requirements
- Analyzed, for the Japanese government, China’s policies regarding its growth of short-grained (Japonica) rice and how these policies might affect Japan.