Economic and Policy Analysis
To help clients deal with global trade issues, Promar:
- Analyzes food security, food safety, traceability policies
- Studies and reports on trade policy (FTAs, EPAs, WTO actions)
- Determines how agricultural subsidies work and how to measure their impact
- Assesses the impact of foreign aid and international development projects on production and trade
- Collected and analyzed the latest information on several countries’ (Canada, S. Africa, Chile, Mexico, Cambodia, Mongolia) agriculture, forestry and fisheries industries and policies to assist its client assess and plan trade agreements and negotiating strategy.
- Analyzed the US-Korea FTA and its impact on several countries with a central focus on agriculture, forestry and fisheries
- Studied, for the OECD, agricultural water pricing policies for irrigation in Japan and South Korea including the extent to which it covers operation, maintenance, and capital costs for water delivery to the farm.
- Assessed Japanese trade and consumer concerns regarding genetically-modified (GM) products imported from the USA and recommended actions for addressing these concerns for a major government and industry consortium client